This a valentine game for preschoolers. It is simple and easy to set up. It can be competitive or non-competitive. It can be played by a single child or you can have multiple game boards for a group. This little Valentine’s Day game will teach your little person basic math concepts too.
Get ready to play:
- Make a game board by drawing a heart on a piece of construction paper. There are also free heart printables all over the internet that work well too.
- You need a die or number cards ~ If you have a child that is younger, you may want them to have dots so that they have a visual to count.
- Gather a bunch of foam hearts ~ these were purchased at Walmart.
To play this Valentine Math Game:
- Place a handful of foam hearts on to the game board
- Roll the die (or draw a number card)
- Remove that number of hearts off of the board.
- The game is over when there are no more little hearts on the board.
Tips for playing this math game:
- This game can be played in a group with each child having their own heart
- The game can be played individually as well
- The “game board” can be slipped into a page protector so that it can be used again and again
Have fun celebrating the season of love and kindess while counting together. 🙂
We are tickled pink to be linked to these delightful sites: