If you have had a bitter cold and snowy winter your family may be experiencing a bit of cabin fever and play may be just what the doctor ordered. If the kids are going a little nuts from being couped up inside, here are ways to play that are simple and will keep them busy on a frigid afternoon:
Ways to Play
- Place a strip of painter’s tape on the floor and walk the ‘tight rope’.
- Or you can use heavy string and form shapes and walk across the shapes.
- Camp inside
- Go to your local library’s story time
- Have an indoor picnic
- Experiment with snow in the bath tub or sink; add some colors
- Have a bird feeder and track the different colors of birds that visit it.
- Have your children decide a topic of interest, then go to the library to find books on the topic
- Play with boxes like we did here!
- Play board games such as Candy Land, UNO, and Chutes and Ladders.
- Read a good book, such as:
- If your crew is yearning for a bit of spring, plant some seeds to grow a Cup of Spring!
- Also create weather in a jar:
- Get moving with balloon hockey:
We have had an unusally cold and bitter winter, days and days of single digits. Yes, our friends to the north, we are winter wimps!
Have a cozy day playing together!
Follow CCK on…
We are pleased to be linked to these fun sites: