Thank you for visiting!
Welcome to Creative Connections for Kids. CCK is full of ideas for kids and grown-ups. You will find arts, crafts, games, children’s book activities, recipes, math, science projects, and much more. We want kids to learn and grown-ups to connect with their kids. Investing in a child is priceless. Some of my favorite childhood memories are simple moments spent with adults who took the time to read a story, play a game, or bake cookies with me. We have these simple ideas for you!
I am the coordinator and parent educator for a Parents as Teachers (PAT) program in a rural Missouri, and a PAT consultant for the state of Missouri. PAT is an amazing home-based parent education program. We support and encourage parents to be their child’s first and best teacher. I have a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Special Education from the University of Missouri-Columbia. I have loved working with children and families in early childhood and early childhood special education for twenty years.
This blog was started when my daughters left home and our nest was empty. Here’s a bit about our family:
- Married 30 years…whew! Doug is my number one cheerleader.
- Two adult daughters….they grew up so fast! They are my teachers, designers, support team, and friends.
- Two wonderful son-in-laws ~ I love how they love our girls!
- One grandbaby ~ our sweepea is Ruby xo!
- One faith in Jesus Christ. Faith and family are so important to all of us. It is the bedrock of our lives.
Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions. I love to hear from you. Contact me by email at kristi(at)creativeconnectionsforkids.com
Thank you for reading!